Friday, November 26, 2010

STRONG ENOUGH: ROMANTIC SORROW POETRY- BY MARISEN MWALE

WOULD YOU BE STRONG ENOUGH…
Inspired by Sherly Crow & Stevie Nicks’ ‘ARE YOU STRONG ENOUGH TO BE…..’
Like a soldier in the midst of combat I am of courage by default
And to risk my genre- these scars of war just blind testimony
To the chances you would commit your little poor soul to
 Yet the big question still remains
Whether you would be strong enough to be my girl

You may concoct alibis redound
You may make me feel like I was on top of the world
Because fortitude to me is like a sinister byword
Yet to query myself will remain that blatant pastime-puzzle
Whether you would be strong enough to be my girl

When I am torn between duty and romance
When like an irate gorilla to thee a blind shoulder I seem to turn
And it feels like I no longer cared
Would you be strong enough to be my girl?

When the rules of engagement dictate home I shouldn’t stay
When it feels like I was just like chasing the wind
And home I came crippled, lost, maimed, and half-human
Would you be strong enough to be my girl?

When I would be broke and penniless
When to carter for your material desires I no longer would afford
And it felt like the world had come to an abrupt end
Would you be strong enough to be my girl?

Marisen Mwale
RANTS OF THE GODFATHER
Alas- seems I m damn caught up
entrapped in the midst of a political conspiracy
a politburo spider’s web of miasmic vengeance
a gross paranoia
its political farce I know it and l  love it for real
so l assemble all my arsenal
psyche or otherwise
to emerge scot-free and a deserved victor
but!!!!!!!!!
thence l drool
thence l salivate for more pressure
for more hellfire
jig and capper---dance l do
for that’s my genre
my chessboard-
political gambit
political gimmicking- ndare
is but my byword my pastime-hobby
everybody who dares jump into
who dares tromp into my arena
is smug Technical Knock-out
is blatant checkmate
they have dared play tha game with the Godfather
tha MAESTRO
they have dared declare psyche war
to the world’s greatest psyche superpower
thence they will come out scathed
like they been in hellshit
they will piss
they will fart
them gonna see spooks for its tit for tat
them gonna regret and gnash teeth
like nobody’s concern
Thus sayth tha GODFATHER.

Marisen Mwale
POETRY OF SORROW

DEATH

All I can hear is but silence
All I can see is but darkness
All I can smell is but crimson
All I feel is but an empty void
Silence, darkness, crimson, empty void
Such is but the languor of cold-blooded death

Marisen Mwale


















No comments:

Post a Comment